Bread: Bill's Best Banana Bread
Four bananas in each large loaf make this basic bread more moist than most.
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 4 really ripe bananas , finely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 to 1 cup of chopped walnuts
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
1. In large bowl, use a mixer to cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add in eggs, crushed bananas, and vanilla; use mixer to combine well, don't over-mix.
4. Sift together flour, soda and salt in a second mixing bowl. Add to creamed mixture.
5. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 to 60 minutes.
Before removing be sure to check for doness by inserting a toothpick in the center, it's done if the toothpick comes out cleanly. Four bananas per loaf sometimes need a little extra bake time.