Baked Stuffed Mussels with Focaccia and Lemon
Bring the taste and flavors of Italy home with this delicious Baked Stuffed Mussels with Focaccia and Lemon. Have a great trip!
- 2 cups water
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh chopped
- 25 fresh or frozen mussels in shell (beard removed, shell scrubbed and free from sand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pancetta (Italian bacon)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced small
- 3 tablespoon garlic, fresh chopped
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks), melted
- 1/4 cup tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain stuffing cubes
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from olivegarden.com
Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
Place water, lemon halves, white wine and garlic in a large sauce pot. Add mussels and cover.
Allow mussels to cook until they have all opened.
Remove mussels and set aside to cool. Discard any mussels that have not opened. Discard liquid.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook until browned. Transfer to paper towels and allow to drain. Add onions and garlic to hot pan and cook until onions are translucent. Do not brown.
MIX remaining ingredients (except Parmesan cheese) in a bowl. Add drained pancetta, cooked onion and garlic. Mix well.
Remove mussels from shell. If using fresh mussels, remove “beard.”
Place mussel back in one half of the shell. Place 1 Tbsp stuffing on top of each mussel. Top with grated cheese.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place stuffed mussels in a baking casserole dish.
Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until hot throughout.
Serve on a platter or portion onto single plates.
You'll also love
- Salmon-Vegetable Chowder 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Egg, Beans and Avocado 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Garlic Ginger Chicken 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Tuna Wraps 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Frosted Banana Bread Muffins 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Thai Mussels with Lemongrass,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Avocado Buttermilk Soup with Crab... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Fettuccine with Mussels 4.7/5 (3 Votes)