Sweet Onion, Gruyere and Bacon Quiche
- 6 slice bacon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion (about 1 medium)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 frozen deep dish 9 inch pie shell
Place oven rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cook bacon, crumble and set aside.
Heat olive oil and cook until soft and golden about 10 minutes. Stir in bacon and set aside to cool.
Whisk together eggs and whites. Add milk, cornstarch, pepper, salt and nutmeg and whisk to combine.
Mix cheese into cooled bacon mixture and spoon into pie shell. Pour egg mix evenly on top.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown on top. Transfer to rack to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (705 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.4/5 (230 Votes)