- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 10 1/2 ounce can condensed beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup water
1. In heavy quart saucepan over low heat melt the butter; add the minced onions cook for 1 min.
2. Stir in the flour and cook until lightly browned.
3. Add the chopped parsley, thyme and black pepper. Slowly stir in a can of beef broth.
4. Add the red wine and water. Increase heat to medium-high, cook mixture, stirring constantly until sauce boils and thickens.