- 6 boneless skinless chicken halves
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15oz) tomato puree
- 1 can (15oz) stewed tomatoes cut up
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (or fresh basil at end of cooking)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (skip if you don't like spicy food)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley
- Cooked noodle of your choice
Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste. Brown in olive oil. Set aside.
Sautee pepper and garlic until tender
Add remaining ingredients (except noodles) and chicken. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 30-45 minutes until chicken and peppers are at desired tenderness. Serve over noodles
May add mushrooms, onion or whatever else you like.