Turkey and Mushroom Cups
- 12 slices of white bread with crusts removed
- 1/2 cup or more of melted butter
- Brush both sides of bread slices with the melted butter and press gently into a muffin pan. Bake at 350' for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. These can be made ahead and frozen. Seperate them with wax paper.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of finely chopped mushroom( can be canned)
- 1 can flakes of turkey or chicken
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbls of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Put butter in panand melt, saute' onion and mushroom till onion is transparent. Stir in turkey and sprinkle mixture with flour and blend well.
Add milk slowly and continue to heat and stir till thick and comes to a boil. Remove fom heat and stir in salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Fill each shell with filling. Place on cookie sheet and heat to 350' for 10 minutes or till bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.
Takes 30-35 minutes at '375 frozen