Gingered Shrimp w/ Asian Noodles
- 3 ounces bean threads vermicelli (cellophane noodles)*
- 4 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced seasoned sliced ginger (also known as sushi ginger)*
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeños
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 12 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left intact
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
Cook noodles in large pot of boiling water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer to bowl. Add 2 teaspoons sesame oil to noodles and toss to coat.
Mix vinegar, cilantro, ginger, jalapeños and honey in small bowl. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic; sauté until aromatic, about 3 minutes. Add vinegar mixture and shrimp to skillet; stir until shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup water. Add mixture to skillet; stir until liquid thickens, about 2 minutes.
Mound noodles on platter. Arrange shrimp over and serve.