Golden Roast Chicken with Lemon, Garlic, and Rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 roasting chicken about 3 lbs
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 110mins
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Coat a roasting rack and a 13" x9" roasting pan with cooking spray.
2 Combine the rosemary, garlic, oil, lemon juice, orange and lemon zests, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Remove and discard the giblets and neck from the chicken and trim any excess fat. Loosen the skin over the breast and legs by inserting your fingers between the skin and meat and gently pushing. Rub the rosemary mixture under the loosened skin and over the breast and legs. tie the legs with kitchen twine and tuck the wing tips under the chicken. Set the chicken on the rack in the roasting pan, breast side down.
4. Roast the chicken for 35 minutes, carefully turn the chicken breast side up and roast for 48 to 50 minutes longer or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the breast reads 180 F and the juices run clear. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into 6 servings pieces. 2 breast halves 2 drumsticks and 2 thighs. remove the skin before eating.