Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2 pounds), cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 jars (11-1/2 oz each) sliced pepperoncinis, undrained
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can ( 12 oz) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- mayonnaise optional
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
In a 5 qt slow cooker, layer the beef, pepperonconis and onion; sprinkle with oregano and garlic salt. Poor beer over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
Spread Mayonnaise on cut sides of the rolls if desired. Place cheese on roll bottoms. With slotted spoon, place meat mixture over cheese.