Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 12 dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked penne pasta
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Above are the original ingredients to this recipe. I also add black olives and shrimp to mine.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a small saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Remove from heat. Place the sun-dried tomatoes in the broth 15 minutes or until softened. Drain, reserving broth and coarsely chop.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place penne pasta in the pot, cook 9 to 12 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
Place the pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until lightly toasted.
Heat the olive oil and red pepper flakes in a skillet over medium heat and saute the garlic 1 minute, until tender. Mix in the spinach and cook until almost wilted. Pour in the reserved broth and stir in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Continue cooking 2 minutes or until heated through. (I add the black olives and shrimp last).
In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta with the spinach and tomato mixture and pine nuts. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Mango-Curry Hot Wings Recipe from 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Nana's Blueberry Cobbler 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Corn Pudding-Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Latkes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Leek & Lemon Linguine 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beach Bar Tomato Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pine-Nutty Swiss Chard 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Macaroni and Tomatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)