Pork and Carrot Curry
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 14 1/2 oz chopped tomatoes and juices
- 10 oz small fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/4 " thick slices
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
One: In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, coriander, cumin, paprika, turmeric, salt and cayenne. Add pork and toss to coat. Cover and marinate at room temp. until needed. (or in refridge for up to 24 hours.)
Two: In medium saute pan with tight-fitting lid, heat oil on low. Add onion and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Cover and cook stirring occasionally until soft but not brown, about 5 minutes.
Three: Add pork and marinade to pan. Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, potatoes and carrots. Increase heat t medium, cover and simmer until pork is cooked through and potatoes and carrots are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
Ladle into serving bowls and garnish.
289 calories, 6 g fat; 27 g carbs; 30.5 g protein.