Bacon Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 7/8 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs water, or as needed
- 1 1/2 tbs maple syrup
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. When cool, chop bacon and set aside.
2. Beat butter, white sugar and brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl until fluffy, then add egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl, and stir the flout mixture into the butter mixture. Gradually stir in the oats and bacon, about 1/3 cup of oats at a time and cover the dough. Refridgerate at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Thouroughly grease baking sheets.
4. Scoop about 1/3 cup of dough per cookie, roll into balls and place balls at least 3 inches apart on the greased baking sheets. Use a fork dipped in water to flatten the balls slightly.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are golden brown with slightly browner edges, 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet 3-5 minuts before removing to finish cooling on racks.
6.To make glaze, whisk confectioners' sugar, water and maple syrup together in a bowl until smooth. Let glaze stand about 5 minutes to slightly thicken; drizzle onto the tops of the cookies. Allow glazed cookies to stand about 20 minutes to set up before storing.