Scallops w/Grapefruit-Onion Salad
- 4 small Grapefruits - Ruby Red (about 2 lbs.)
- 3 Tbsp. cocktail Onions (pickled)
- 2 Tbsp. flat-leaf Parsley Leaves (packed)
- 24 Sea Scallops (about 2 lbs.)
- Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil (extra-virgin)(more for drizzle)
Using a very sharp paring knife, peel the grapefruits, carefully removing all of the bitter white pith. Carefully cut in between the membranes to release the grapefruit sections into a bowl. Discard all but 1 Tbsp. of grapefruit juice from the bowl. Stir in the pickled cocktail onions and parsley leaves and season with pepper.
Pat the sea scallops dry and season them all over with salt. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the 1 Tbsp. of olive oil until it is shimmering. Cook the scallops over moderately high heat, turning once, until they are browned and just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Spoon the pickled-onion-and grapefruit salad onto small plates and arrange the scallops around the salad. Drizzle with olive oil and serve at once.