Roast Pork Tenderloin with Carrot Romesco
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 pound small carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise if larger
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper or 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 2 cups spicy greens (such as watercress or baby mustard)
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 350°. Toast pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes; let cool.
Increase temperature to 450°. Toss carrots with 1 Tbsp. oil on another rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and black pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until softened and browned, 15–20 minutes; let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and black pepper and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown, 10–15 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and roast pork until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°, 8–10 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Pulse pine nuts, garlic, and remaining 3 Tbsp. oil in a food processor to a coarse paste. Add Aleppo pepper, one-fourth of carrots, 1 Tbsp. vinegar, and 1 Tbsp. water. Process, adding more water as needed, to a coarse purée; season romesco with salt, black pepper, and more vinegar, if desired.
Toss greens with remaining carrots and remaining 1 Tbsp. vinegar in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Serve pork with romesco and salad.
You'll also love
- Three Cheese Baked Ziti with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Bowl 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Peaches-and-Cream Refrigerator... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- SPINACH SAUSAGE QUICHE 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Mushroom and Bacon Triangles 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Irish Beef Stew 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Roble Ali's Hawaiian Pork... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)