Zucchini, Squash, onion and Cheese Casserole
- 2-3 T Olive Oil (plus a tiny bit more for drizzling at the end)
- 1 med. onion, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 med. zucchini, ends cut off and thinly sliced into circles
- 1 med. summer squash, ends cut off and thinly sliced into circles
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup rosemary asiago cheese (or other cheese of choice)
- 1/3 and 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese for dusting on top
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, add garlic and onion and sauté up, stirring occasionally (careful not to burn the garlic) until softened-about 6-8 minutes.
Add zucchini and squash to the same pan and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until softened, about 12 minutes.
Add fresh nutmeg, pinch of salt and pepper and stir well.
Remove from heat and place contents of the pan into a large bowl to let cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 375.
Stir in 2 1/2 cups cheese and 1/3 cups panko until well combined.
Add contents of bowl to a glass casserole dish (8x8). Taste test for salt and pepper-add some only if needed.
Sprinkle the top with the remaining panko and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with just a touch of olive oil.
Place in oven and bake about 10 minutes or until it gets bubbly around the edge.
Turn on broiler and broil(keeping a close eye) an additional 3-4 minutes until slightly brown on top.
Remove from the oven and let sit about 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Saute with Gnnocchi and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Wrap with Cucumber Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuscan Spinach Dumplings with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Burgers with Caramelized Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PUMPKIN GRATIN 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Skillet Parmesan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)