This dish is so easy but looks so fancy--great for weeknight dinners and/or special company!
- 4 turkey cutlets (1 pound total)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 T soft herbcheese, like Boursin (I use light Boursin)
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 T EVOO1
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 t fennel seeds, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Pound the turkey cutlets 1/4 inch thick and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon one T of cheese in the center of each cutlet and top with spinach. Fold the cutlets in half and close with a toothpick.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
Add the tomatoes with their juice and the fennel seed and bring to a boil; lower the heat, cover and simmer until the turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes.