Hot Turkey Sandwiches
- 3 bone-in turkey breasts (6 to 7 pounds each)
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 50 sandwich rolls, split
Place turkey on racks in roasting pans. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting several times with pan drippings. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Shred turkey.
In several Dutch ovens or large pans, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, basil, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey and heat through. Stir in cream; cook until heated through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll.
Yield: 50 servings