Chicken Pot Pie/ Jenna
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled (or use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. thinly chopped carrots (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 c. fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 c. chicken broth (use the water that was used to boil the chicken in)
- 1/2 t. chicken bouillon
- 1/2 Sm can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 Can Chic a la king
- 1/2 c. milk
- 3/4 c. Bisquick or other pancake mix
- 1/4 c. butter, melted (optional)
- Optional: Celery
Adapted from idigpinterest.com
Boil chicken with 1/2 of an onion that has been diced and salt and pepper for added flavoring. When fully cooked, remove from water and chop or pull chicken into pieces. Put in the bottom of an 8x8" pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle veggies over chicken. Add more veggies than is called for if desired. Pour 1/2 c. broth from the water that was used to boil the chicken into a bowl and stir in 1/2 t. chicken bouillon. Add cream of chicken soup to broth and whisk until combined. Pour soup mixture over veggies.
Stir together 1/2 c. milk and 3/4 c. pancake mix. Pour over top of casserole. Melt 1/2 cube of butter and pour over top of pancake mix. If you want to save on calories, go ahead and skip that part. Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Jenna: I added some celery. I also only used half a small can of cr of chic and then half a can of chic a la king. It was really good!