Spiced Pear Crisp
Perfect blend of spices for this delicious pear crisp. Serve warm with some fresh whipped cream, or a scoop of ice cream.
- 4 Bosc or Bartlett pears, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from lecreuset.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter a small gratin dish and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine pears, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and a splash of lemon juice.
In a separate bowl, combine sugar, oats, walnuts, flour, butter and salt. Stir with a fork, or process in a food processor until medium-size crumbles begin to form.
Place the pears in the bottom of the gratin dish. Top with oat mixture and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until pears are tender and bubbly and the top is golden.
You'll also love
- Easy Pineapple “Shortcake” 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Colossal Club Sandwiches 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Loaf 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Pear, Walnut and Bleu Cheese Salad... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Candied Brown Sugar Bacon 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Sicilian Love Cake 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Buttercream Icing 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Immunity-Boosting Pearfectly... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)