Bacon Sloppy Joes
Rachael Rays Bacon Sloppy Joes,adapted slightly, quick and easy, perfect weeknight meal.
- 4-6 strips bacon, cut into 1/2 inch
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup worcestershire
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until the veggies are softened about 7 minutes. Push to one side of the skillet. Increase the heat to high and add the ground beef and cook for about 7 minutes, breaking up clumps, until cooked through.
Add ketchup worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes more till thickened. Serve on your toasted buns.