- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese or regular feta cheese
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from recipe.com
1. Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir in cheese; set aside.
2. In a large broilerproof skillet, cook broccoli and shallots in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally. Pour egg mixture over the broccoli mixture in skillet. Cook over medium-low heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg mixture is almost set (surface will be moist). Arrange tomatoes on top of egg mixture.
3. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 5 minutes or until center is set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into four wedges.