This rich and hearty Braised Brisket recipe is a scrumptious main course to serve at any celebratory dinner party or holiday gathering with loved ones and best friends. Serve this braised brisket with your favorite sides, such as, mashed potatoes and oven-roasted vegetables, for a well-rounded, nutrient-dense meal. This dish also goes great with a light side salad or on a buffet table filled with various treats and eats.
- 1 well-trimmed beef brisket, about 3.5-pounds
- coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 200mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 325°F. Rub beef with salt, pepper, ginger, and allspice. In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, tomato paste, brown sugar, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup water.
Spoon half of the sauce into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Place brisket in dish, and spoon remaining sauce over the top. Cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil or a double layer of regular foil.
Bake until brisket is falling-apart tender, about 3 hours. Remove brisket from dish. Skim any fat from the surface of the sauce.
Allow brisket to sit at room temperature and cool slightly as you make the sauce. Transfer sauce to a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Slice brisket against the grain; serve with sauce.
If making the day before, prepare the recipe through the step where the brisket is fully cooked and cook the sauce; slice the brisket, return it to the baking dish with the sauce, and refrigerate, covered with plastic. To serve, reheat brisket in its sauce in a 300°F oven.
You'll also love
- Soft Lemonade Cookies 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Halibut and Salmon Terrine with... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Oatmeal, Date, & Chocolate Cookies 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Meatballs 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Thai Pork Chop Marinade 5/5 (2 Votes)
- VOODOO PULLED SIRLOIN ROAST 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Venison Dumpling Stew Recipe 5/5 (2 Votes)