Sausage and Butternut Squash Frittata
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat, duck fat or fat of choice
- 3 ounces cooked sausage, chopped or crumbled
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup butternut squash, cubed and roasted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons mixed fresh herbs (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
2.Beat eggs, salt and pepper and herbs until well-combined.
3.Add fat to 10-inch oven-proof skillet and sauté onions and peppers until soft. Add sausage and squash and cook until heated through. Pour eggs over filling and cook until edges start to set.
4.Put pan in oven and broil until frittata is puffed and brown on top, 3-5 minutes