Peppery Grilled Turkey Breast
Peppery Grilled Turkey Breast is a delicious alternative to your usual Thanksgiving turkey recipes. Super moist and yummy, you'll be excited to dig in! Don't forget to pair with your favorite sides like mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 (5-pound) bone-in turkey breast
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, cayenne and mustard. With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. Spread half of spice mixture under turkey skin; secure skin to underside of breast with wooden toothpicks. Spread remaining spice mixture over the skin.
Using long-handled tongs, dip a paper towel in cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place turkey over drip pan, grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine the broth, vinegar, jelly and oil. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until jelly is melted. Set aside 1/2 cup. Baste turkey with some of the remaining jelly mixture. Grill 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°F, basting every 15 minutes.
Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove and discard turkey skin if desired. Brush with reserved jelly mixture before slicing. Yield: 15 servings.
You'll also love
- Peking Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb Ice Tea 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork and Pineapple Kabobs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Moroccan Turkey Meatballs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Spaghetti Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bruschetta with Tofu, Tarragon and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)