Salmon Sliders with Citrus Yogurt Sauce
- Citrus Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Juice of half a lime
- Juice of half an orange
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lb skinless, boneless salmon
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 piece ginger (1 inch), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 small whole-grain pitas (optional)
1. Combine ingredients for sauce and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes
2. Chop half the salmon and place in food processor along with sesame oil, tamari, ginger, garlic and lemon juice. Process into a pasty puree.
3. Chop remaining salmon and add to puree along with bread crumbs and cilantro. Pulse until combined. Form into 8 patties and brush with olive oil.
4. Grill 4 minutes per side. Stuff pita with 2 sliders and yogurt sauce or simply top sliders with yogurt sauce if not using pitas.