Sauteed Kale, Mushrooms, and Cranberries
If you can't find kale, any leafy green works.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced and rinsed
- 8 oz cremini or button mushrooms, sliced (4 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from cosmopolitian.com
In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots, leek, mushrooms. 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are soft (about 8 minutes).
Add the kale and cook until wilted (about 6 minutes), then add the broth and cranberries. Bring to a boil, and with a wooden spoon, scrape up the browned bits that cling to the bottom of the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
You'll also love
- Vegan Baked Carrot Bacon 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Applesauce 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken & Bacon Pasta with Spinach... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Sage, and... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Yam & Kale Salad 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Beets and Kale Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)