Zucchini Corn Pancakes
A new way to use up that abundance of fresh summer zucchini, just grate cheese and mix with corn to make savory pancakes that can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, but their most ideal time is brunch. Serve with sour cream and salsa, and even top with an egg for a veggie-ful, protein-packed way to start your day!
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups grated zucchini, about 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn off the cob or frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from girlversusdough.com
In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, salt, pepper and dried herbs. Whisk to combine.
Add the zucchini, corn and cheddar cheese and stir thoroughly with a spatula.
Add the flour and stir until thoroughly combined and there are no pockets of dry flour hiding in the batter.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle to medium-high heat, adding a very small amount of oil to the skillet/griddle. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet and flatten, if necessary, with the back of the scoop into a circle about 4 inches in diameter. Cook on each side about 3 to 4 minutes, or until a deep golden brown. Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve warm with your favorite toppings like salsa and sour cream).
You'll also love
- Pork Chops With Mushroom Sauce 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Parmesean upside down potatoes 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Italian Anise Cookies 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Lemony Lemon Brownies 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Lemon & Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash and Broccoli 4.5/5 (41 Votes)