Pork Tenderloin with Prosciutto, Sage and Asiago Cheese
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grated Asiago cheese
- 16 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves, plus 16 whole leaves
- 2 cups vegetable oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Coat pork lightly in flour, brushing off excess. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in frying pan, add pork and cook quickly 1 minute per side. Remove from pan and continue cooking the remaining pork. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of cheese to each pork tenderloin and top with 2 prosciutto slices. Bake in oven for 5 to 6 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
In another frying pan, over medium heat, add remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and stir in 2 tablespoons of flour. Cook flour and butter mixture for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and chopped sage and cook until thickened. Serve over pork tenderloins.
In heavy saucepan, heat oil and deep-fry sage leaves for garnish.