Beef, Cheese and Noodle Bake
- 1 (8-ounce) package small elbow macaroni
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup pre-chopped onion
- 1 cup pre-shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) 2% reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese (such as Cracker Barrel), divided
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Lightly coat pasta with cooking spray.
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and carrot, and sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add ground beef; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates.
Add pasta to beef mixture in pan, stirring to combine. Spoon pasta mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Place milk, flour, nutmeg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; stir with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add 1 cup cheese, stirring until smooth. Pour cheese mixture over pasta mixture; stir. Top evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
For creamiest results, do not overbake.
Weight Watchers = 7 Points+
Amount per serving
Calories from fat: 24%
Saturated fat: 4.2g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
You'll also love
- Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Simple Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- BBQ Shredded Pork 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- pasta - homemade potato garlic... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Penne Pasta & Broccoli Bagna Cauda 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Clark's "Crazy" Grilled Sirloin... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Fideo Soup (Mexican Noodle Soup) 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Veg Schezwan Noodles 4.7/5 (15 Votes)