Lemon Icebox Pie
This recipe is from the famous Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, Texas. I like adding more vanilla wafer crumbs (as you can see from the picture).
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Preparation time 10mins
1. Butter 9x9 metal baking pan.
2. Press 3/4 cup crumbs into bottom. Reserve remainder. Chill crust while preparing filling.
3. Beat whites in large bowl of electric mixer until frothy. Gradually add sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
4. Add yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in whipped cream and lemon juice.
5. Pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup crumbs over top. Freeze overnight before serving. Makes 12 Servings.