Zucchini Bread with a Twist
This zucchini bread goes the extra health mile with the addition of flaxseed meal, dried cranberries, and egg whites instead of a whole egg.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal or toasted wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/3 cup snipped dried cranberries
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from BHG.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, flax seed meal, baking powder, apple pie spice, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine egg whites, zucchini, sugar, oil, and orange peel. Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in dried cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
You'll also love
- ZIPPY SHRIMP SKEWERS 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- CAULIFLOWER, ROASTED ITALIAN 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Crispy French Toast & Grilled... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Butterflied Cornish Hens with Sage... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies 4.6/5 (12 Votes)