Berry-Lemon Cheesecake Squares
Fourth of July favorite! Red, white and blue fruit and filling plus pastry stars make it perfect for any patriotic occasion. Vary the cutout shapes for another celebration.
Prep Time: 50 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 20 Min Makes: 8 servings
- Pastry Squares
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream / sub fat free coolwhip
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened / sub fat free cream cheese or 1/3 fat
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Adapted from pillsbury.com
1.Heat oven to 450°F. Unroll crusts on lightly floured work surface. With rolling pin, roll each crust to 11 1/2 inches in diameter. Cut 1 (8 1/2-inch) square out of center of each round. Cut 4 squares from each large square, making 8 (4 1/4-inch) squares. Fold up all sides of each square 1/2 inch and roll inward to form thick crust edge. Brush edges with milk; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar. Place on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
2.Using small cookie cutters, cut shapes out of crust scraps. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 5 minutes.
3.Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. In another small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and the lemon peel on medium speed until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon rounded 3 tablespoons mixture into each pastry square. Arrange berries and crust cutouts over filling. Cover and refrigerate any remaining squares.
You'll also love
- Pan Fried Crab Cakes 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Gordon Ramsay’s Herb Crusted... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie Poke Cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Icebox Key Lime Pie 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- WHEAT BERRY SALAD WITH PECANS AND... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Iced Pink-Lemonade Cookie Pops 4.7/5 (3 Votes)