Do you like strawberry shortcake? Then you’re going to love this Italian version made with creamy, mascarpone cheese.
- 24 lady fingers
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup mascarpone
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
Prepare strawberry sauce, by heating 1 cup sliced strawberries over medium heat with 1/4 cup of water.
When mixture begins to boil, add 1/4 cup sugar and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Take off heat and use a food processor or blender to blend to a liquid. Set strawberry sauce aside.
Whip the cream together with the sugar until it forms soft peaks.
Mix the whipped cream together with the mascarpone until you have a smooth mixture.
Mix the orange juice with the strawberry sauce and dip the ladyfingers in the mixture.
Make a layer of the ladyfingers in the bottom of a serving bowl and add a layer of the mascarpone/cream mixture, repeat ladyfingers and mascarpone mixture.
Leave to stand in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours before putting on the last layer of strawberries and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Taco Salad Pasta 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Alfredo 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Caramel Monkey Bread 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken with Sweet Chili... 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Greek Roasted Potatoes 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Grilled Pineapple with Lime Dip 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crumb Pie 4.7/5 (32 Votes)