Roasted Pork Sausage with Potatoes
- 1 lb ground pork (18-20% fat)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons curing salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- black Chanterelle mushrooms, cover with boiling water to reconstitute
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4's
- 15 small peeled potatoes (e.g. Yukon Gold)
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Unroll the sausage from the plastic wrap very carefully, so as not to break it, and place in the saucepan. Brown on all sides over low heat, turning if gently, for 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the onion and potatoes, cover, and cook for 30 minutes; turn the sausages and potatoes after 15 minutes so that they brown all around.
Remove the sausage to a platter and sprinkle the potatoes with the salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes and onions to a warm serving platter. Slice the sausage, arrange next to the potatoes and onions, and serve.
- See more at: http://blogs.kqed.org/essentialpepin/2011/09/13/roast-sausage-with-potatoes/#sthash.T2EUz7me.dpuf
You'll also love
- Lentil Salad with Tomatoes and... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Raw Lavendar Walnut Coconut Fudge 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Inside-Out Eggplant Parmesan Rolls 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Whole Chicken and... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Chipotle Bacon Avocado Burger 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork and Broccoli Stir-fry 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Crock Pot Meat Loaf and Potatoes 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Creamy sausage & rocket linguine 4.3/5 (6 Votes)