bread-pineapple and macademia nut
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can(8oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup grated coconut, or use flaked
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- cinnamon sugar for topping
heat oven to 350, grease and flour 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
in a mixing bowl, beat the eggs lightly, beat the milk, vanilla, pineapple, and sugar. combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. stir into the first mixture until moistened. stir in the butter, coconut, and al buy 1 to 2 tablespoons of the chopped macadamia nuts, stirring just until well blended. sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of reserved macadamia nuts and sprinkle with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
spoon the batter into the prepared pan. bake for 55-65 minutes.