Honey-Mustard Pork Chops
- 1/3 * 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup honey
- 2 * 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 * 1 tablespoon sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 * 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 * 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 * 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 * 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
* In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
* Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, dip a paper towel in cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop equals 254 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.