Jalapeno Chicken Casserole
Creamy, spicy layers of cheesy goodness!
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 T. butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 (12 oz.) package nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 6 C. chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8 oz.) package Mexican four cheese blend
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Drain spinach well. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, green onion, and jalapenos. Saute until tender. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, soup, sour cream and cumin.
Layer half each of tortilla chips, chicken, spinach mixture, and cheese in a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Repeat layers, ending with spinach mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.