Slow Cooker Japanese Pork & Ramen Soup
It’s so rich and full of flavor, I'll definitely be making this Japanese Pork & Ramen Soup again and again. Serve with scallions and sesame seeds.
- 2 onions, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced thin
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 3 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, flavoring packets discarded
- 6 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons white miso, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, plus extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Adapted from passthesushi.com
Microwave onions, garlic, and oil in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes transfer to slow cooker.
Stir broth and shitakes into slow cooker. Season pork with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker. Cover and cook until pork is tender, 6 to 8 hours on low or 5 to 7 hours on high.
Transfer pork to cutting board, let cool slightly, thin shred into bite-sized pieces. Let soup settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon. Stir in noodles and spinach, cover and cook on high until noodles are tender, 3 to 8 minutes.
Stir in shredded pork, miso, soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil, and let sit until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with additional miso and additional soy sauce to taste. Serve with scallions and sesame seeds.
You'll also love
- Paula Dean's Corn Chowder 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Irish Pancake Shot 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Macaroni & Cheese - Crockpot 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Pinto Beans Cowgirl Style 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken & Dumplings 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Breaded Pork Cutlet 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- All-American Oven "Fried"... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)