Sunny Apple Crisp
- Topping: 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Vanilla ice cream or heavy cream, for serving (optional)
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sunny-Apple-Crisp-106668#ixzz1iPzxiUpl
Adapted from epicurious.com
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
2. For topping, combine the butter, sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon in a bowl. Work together with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Toss in nuts; set aside.
3. Toss the apples with lemon juice and spoon into the baking dish. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples. Bake in center of the oven for 40 minutes or until bubbly and the apples are tender. Let cool slightly. Serve warm, topped with ice cream or cream, if desired.