Baked Potato Soup
This is a creamy potato soup—a little different than a chowder—and topped with cheddar and bacon. This is a soup that everyone will like.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 15-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 medium russet potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (for garnish)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and snipped into pieces
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and just comes to a boil.
3. Scoop the pulp from the potatoes and add to the soup. Cook again until thick.
4. Add the cheese, salt, and pepper and stir until the cheese is malted the soup is thin.
5. Serve with grated cheese, bacon, and green onion on top