Chicken - Light Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- 3 cups cooked broccoli cuts
- 12 oz chicken (cooked and cut into chunks)
- 1/2 teasp lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups skimmed milk (or 1/2%)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teasp curry powder
- 6 oz grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon diet margarine
Layer broccoli in a 9x13 baking dish. Layer chicken on top of broccoli. Mix lemon juice, mayonnaise, bouillon cubes, skimmed milk, flour and curry powder in a sauce pan. Cook over medium-high heat until sauce thickens. Pour sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Next add a layer of cheese. Melt butter and pour it over the bread crumbs. Put this mixture on top as the last layer.
Bake at 350 for 30 min..