Turkey Meatballs on Italian Mashed Potatoes
- For the Meatballs:
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cups chicken broth
- For the Mashed Potatoes:
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/3 cup broth
- salt and pepper
1. Saute onion in a bit of olive oil until soft and browned. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup bread crumbs, the onion, egg, and seasonings. Add the ground turkey and mix until combined. Place the remaining bread crumbs in a bowl. Shape the meat mixture into 18 balls, then roll them in the bread crumbs.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally until well browned - about 8 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low; add 1/2 cup of broth and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time until the meatballs are cooked through and the broth has been reduced to a thick gravy. You may need to add sprinkles of bread crumbs and additional broth to get to a gravy stage.
3. While meatballs are cooking, cover potatoes with water and boil until tender. Drain and add the butter, seasonings and enough broth to make a nice mashed potato.
Serve the meatballs on top of the potatoes with the gravy.
You'll also love
- Beverages - Punch (Orange-yellow... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta with Creamy, Spicy Crab Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Kidney Bean Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Melting Pots French onion swiss... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fornetti's Roast Turkey Sandwich 5/5 (1 Votes)
- PORK TENDERLOIN WITH GARLIC AND... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Vegetable Soup with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili 5/5 (1 Votes)