Candied Chicken Breasts
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup and 2 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon and 1-3/4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons and 1/2 teaspoon ketchup
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon and 1-3/4 teaspoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons water
- 4 pineapple rings
Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, flour, oregano, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; dredge chicken in bread crumb mixture and brown in skillet, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. Layer chicken in 2 lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dishes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water. Bring to a boil, and pour over chicken. Cover baking dishes with aluminum foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Top each piece with a pineapple ring, and serve.