Lemon Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Lizzy on Pinterest
- Lemon Cakes:
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 small box lemon instant pudding mix
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffins tins with 24 regular or 60 mini cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix sour cream, lemon juice, milk and oil together. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
3. Add zest, cake mix, and pudding mix slowly while stirring.
4. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 12 (minis)-18 (regulars) minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar slowly. Add sour cream, honey and vanilla and beat well. Add more powdered sugar if needed for desired taste or consistency.
6. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes. I used the Bakery Crafts 2D tip.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (893 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)