Spicy Picnic chicken
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (1-oz.) pkg. Old El Paso® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup Progresso® Parmesan Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 pieces bone-in chicken, skin removed if desired
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 Heat oven to 400°F. Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. In shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix; mix well. In another shallow bowl, combine remaining taco seasoning mix, bread crumbs, flour, salt and pepper; mix well.
2 Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk mixture; coat with bread crumb mixture. Place on sprayed broiler pan. Discard any remaining buttermilk and coating mixture. Let stand 10 minutes.
3 Drizzle chicken with butter. Bake at 400°F. for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear. .