David"s Skillet Apples with Cranberries
- 6 large apples (Granny Smith or any cooking apple)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 Tbsps. butter
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 Tbsps. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Peel and core the apples. Slice into thick slices. To keep slices from turning brown, toss them with the lemon juice.
2. In a large saucepan or skillet, melt the butter.
3. Add apple slices and saute' over medium heat-stirring constantly-for about six to ten minutes or until tender and just beginning to change color.
4. Combine cornstarch and water and stir into the apples. Gently stir in brown sugar and spices. Add cranberries. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for about three to five minutes, stirring a few times.
5. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream.