Green Beans & Portobello Mushroom Saute
- 1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- Course Salt
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
Simmer green beans in salted boiling water 5 minutes.
Drain green beans and return skillet to moderate heat. Add oil and butter to pan.
Add onions and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Saute mushrooms 3 to 5 minutes with onions, add green beans bask to the pan. Heat green beans through and add sherry. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer green beans and mushrooms to a serving plate.
You'll also love
- Cajun Corn and Bacon Maque Choux 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- garlic mashed potatoes Alton Brown 5/5 (2 Votes)
- easy green bean casserole 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Papa El's Italian Green Beans 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crab and Artichoke Stuffed... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff,... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper and Portobello... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)