Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Herb Jus and Potato-Vegetable Hash
- Potato Vegetable Hash:
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts, cut airline-style, tenderloins removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Potato-Vegetable Hash, recipe follows
- 1 Idaho potato
- 1 zucchini
- 1 squash
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- Grapeseed oil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from FOODNETWORK.COM
Heat a large saute pan over high heat and add the oil. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper, to taste. Sear the chicken, skin side down, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, flip the chicken, cover the pan and cook on second side for 7 to 8 minutes.
After second side has been cooked, add the wine, garlic, and herbs and continue to cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and allow it to rest.
Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan.
Serve the chicken with Potato-Vegetable Hash and the pan sauce. Garnish with chives.
Potato Vegetable Hash:
Using a box grater, shred the potato, zucchini and squash, and add them to a large bowl.
Stir in the onion, egg, flour, garlic, herbs, and Cajun spice. Blend well. Add more flour if mixture is too wet. The mixture should hold its shape when squeezed.
Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil. Portion the hash into 2 cakes, then gently put them in the pan. Cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is browned. Remove them from the pan to a paper towel and season with salt, to taste. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Shrimp with Grilled Lemon and Mint 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Paleo Choc Chip Cookie Dough... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Linguine with Asparagus, Morels... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- TANGY SANTA MARIA PORK LOIN 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- KANSAS CITY BEEF TENDERLOIN 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Pineapple Zucchini Cake 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach and Feta Cheese Chicken... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)