RICOTTA APPLESAUCE PANCAKES
- RICOTTA APPLESAUCE PANCAKES
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup applesauce, any flavor
- 2/3 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ea egg whites, beaten stiff
- Vegetable oil spray for pan
Mix the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Stir in the applesauce, ricotta and milk. Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
Put one-quarter of the batter on a lightly greased griddle. Tilt pan to spread batter. Cook until browned before turning. Cool, makes four 8-inch pancakes.
To Assemble: Layer pancakes with 1½ cups canned apple slice, and vanilla low fat yogurt.