Shrimp and Guacamole Tostadas
I need simple so bad even my pancreas hurts. Well, whadduyaknow!? Tostadas heard my cry for help. They reached out to me with guacamole dripping off their shrimpy arms and they rescued me from Santa suffocation.
- 6 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime (all of the juice)
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed red or green pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small slices
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly coat both sides of the corn tortillas with cooking spray. Bake for 4 minutes on each side. Switch oven to broil. Evenly divide the cheese over the tortillas and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, 2-ish minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the avocados, cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of kosher salt. Mash up with a fork until you get guacamole. Go ahead and eat a few bites for your well being.
Toss the shrimp with the cumin, chili powder, crushed pepper flakes and garlic salt.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium high. Sear the shrimp on one side for 2 minutes; flip and sear 30 more seconds. Remove from pan.
To the pan, add the sliced red bell pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, scraping the browned bits from the pan, seasoning the peppers. Sprinkle in a leetle salt.
Spoon the guacamole over each cheesy tostada, followed by shrimp and red bell pepper. Garnish each tostado with cilantro and give another good squeeze of lime juice over each one.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)